Monday, November 1, 2010

Directing is hard

There have been so many shitty things happening lately. Mazzone got real sick and wasn't supposed to ride for a month, then he rode anyway and now he has a ruptured ligament in his ankle and will be in a boot for at least 3 weeks. So right there the Matt Mazzone/Brandon Bunting split part is out the window. There was still hope for a Mays Landing part with Mr. Joseph North being the gnarliest rider ever I was sure he'd be able to clock at least a minute worth of footage in the time left, but as you can see in a previous post he has broken his ankle. I'm not sure how long he's out but I'm guessing it will be at least a little bit past November 31st. Right now Brandon is still trying to push out a good part and doing a good job of it. Banged out a few good clips at the newest "street" spot in Mays Landing while I had a broken chain and Mazzone watched with his torn up ankle. Matt got what might be his last clip for the DVD in today since he won't be able to ride with us for a while, but he did it was steez and a dope leather jacket.
I'm thinkin there are going to be a lot fewer full sections then previously expected. I'm sure I sound like a broken record but it's a cold hard fact. A lot of guys just couldn't make it on a few of the trips and hence they don't have enough clips. But a wise man once said Quality over quantity...(tity lolz) and the clips that most everybody got were pretty dope and all have their own little story if that makes any sense. There are a lot of holy-shit-I-can't-believe-I-landed-that's in the video and that's pretty awesome in my opinion.
Max has been killing it lately and I'm hoping to get him out on a few more trips because I love filming with him. He makes everything he does look easy. It's possible that there will be a Hammonton crew part but I don't know, i don't want to make a friends section because we're all just friends. There are no superiors just guys that wound up getting more clips than others. it goes back to the old Myspace quote from 2007 "We aren't confined to being a team, but just a bunch of guys that share the same love of simply riding a bike"
It's definitely not going to be like most bike videos. At least 5 different types of cameras, 5 different file types, some widescreen some full screen. A very different introduction that nobody outside of our crew will understand. But I wouldn't trade any of it for the world, it's been some of the funnest years I've had filming with all of the guys reading this. We've made some friends, lost some friends, been through injuries, been through bullshit but in the end we'll have a gay little bike video too look back in the future and go, "hey I had some fun with those guys."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk shit get hit